Declare the Minor

Pre-requisites for Declaring the International Minor for Engineers: 
  • Two semesters of College Level foreign language or equivalent.
  • May be satisfied by a placement exam or transfer credit.
  • Cannot be English.
  • Good academic standing based on an earned UM GPA (minimum 2.0).
  • First-year students should wait until their second semester to declare.
    Transfer students are eligible to declare during their first semester at UM.

Students who meet these requirements may declare the International Minor by completing the online International Minor Declaration Form.  If you have any questions about the International Minor or the pre-requisites,  please contact an advisor: Advising Information .